Welcome to Tripplug.com! This Privacy Statement, together with our Cookie Statement and Terms and Conditions, sets out the approach that we at Tripplug.com take with regards to the collection and handling of any identifiable information about you, and applies to all Tripplug.com websites (including any affiliated sites), mobile apps, and other services operated by us (hereafter collectively referred to as the “Services”).
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us when you visit our website or use our Services.
Before providing us with your personal information, please read this Privacy Statement carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
About This Privacy Statement and Tripplug.com
When Does This Privacy Statement Apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to information about you as an identifiable person that Tripplug.com or its mobile application collects from, or about you. This Privacy Statement does not apply to anonymous data that cannot identify you in any way.
This website may contain links to third-party websites. Tripplug.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. We recommend that you carefully read the privacy statements of such sites.
The data controller of any and all information provided to or gathered by Tripplug.com ,a limited liability company with its address at 25 Mobalaji Bank Anthony way Maryland
About Your Personal Information and Uses
What Personal Information Does Tripplug.com Hold on Me and Others?
Information You Provide Us Directly
Tripplug.com collects and uses the information you provide to us directly in order to provide you with the services you request. For example, you may provide us your name, gender, birthday, mobile number, email, and other information when you register a Tripplug.com account. When booking flight or lounge or using our aiport transfers service, you may provide passenger names, genders, ID document numbers and the contact person’s name, mobile number, email and delivery address, as well as other information. When booking hotels and tickets for tourist attractions, you may provide the travelers’ names, contact person’s name, mobile number, and email, etc. When paying for travel products, you may provide your bank card number, the mobile number previously provided to the bank, or your credit card number, cardholder name, expiry date, etc.
In order for us to customize the services we provide you, we may also collect information about your travel plans and preferences which includes your meal requirements, departure date, check-in and check-out times, seat choice, ticket choice, insurance choice, and your selection of other services (such as airport transfers, airport lounge etc.) provided by Tripplug.com
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media) we will collect information from you there too, such as your name and contact information. This includes recording phone conversations, when you call us and when you answer our calls.
You may also participate in referral programs or sweepstakes. Doing so will also mean providing us with your name and contact information. In addition to this, you can provide us with feedback or ask for help with using Tripplug.com travel services.
You may be travelling with other guests or make a booking on someone else’s behalf, in which case you will provide similar details to Trip.com. However, we would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to ensure that the person or people whose personal information you have provided are aware that you’ve done so, and have agreed to your sharing of their personal information with Tripplug.com for these purposes.
information We Collect Automatically
Tripplug.com collects some information about you automatically. Specifically:
Log information, which refers to information that the system may automatically collect through cookies, a web beacon, or other channels when you use our services, including:
- Device information or software information, such as your IP address, software version and device identifier (IDFA / IMEI) of the mobile device you use, and configurations of the web browser or mobile device you use to access our services.
- Information that is searched for or browsed when you use our services, such as web pages used or terms searched and pages visited through the app, as well as other information browsed or provided when using our services.
- Information contained in the content you share through our services, such as a photo shared or uploaded, comments, and dates and times, etc.
- Information on your preferences, such as language, region and currency.
Location information, which we collect when you turn on your device’s location feature and use our location-based services. This includes your geographical position information collected via GPS or WIFI, your address information contained in the account information you provide to us, and shared information uploaded by you or others showing your current or previous location. You can turn off the location feature to prevent us from collecting your location information.
Additionally, we may integrate calling services into our platforms to enable you to connect with us, and when we do, we receive metadata about the call activities (such as where you called from, who you are, and the date and length of the call).
Special Categories of Personal Information
In connection with fulfilling your travel requests for disability considerations and dietary preferences, some information you provide us with may be considered as “special category” personal information
How Does Tripplug.com Use My Personal Information?
Tripplug.com will generally collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing services to you: We will use your personal information to complete and manage your online booking. In addition, we will provide you with related products and services through affiliates, business partners, and third parties.
- Fulfilling obligations: Dealing with insurance claims and payments that occur under relevant policies, processing commissions paid to partners, claiming for loss caused by service partners, or recovering payments made etc.
- Account management: You can create a Tripplug.com account and we will use the information you provide to manage your account and provide you with practical features. You can use your account for various operations, such as managing bookings, adjusting personal settings, adding frequently used passenger information, checking past bookings, evaluating orders, and managing payments, etc.
- Responding to your inquiries and requests: We provide customer service in multiple languages to offer help when you need it.
- Marketing activities: Where you have a Tripplug.com account, we will also use your personal information for marketing purposes, such as sending you information and promotional activities on travel products or services that may interest you.
- Contacting you: Responding to and dealing with your questions or requests, sending booking-related messages (such as messages telling you of a successfully submitted booking, messages reminding you to complete unfinished bookings, etc.). We may also send you questionnaires or invite you to provide feedback on our services, etc.
- Market research: We will sometimes invite you to participate in market research to better understand your interest in our products, services, and websites.
- Improving service security and reliability: We may detect and prevent fraud and illegal activities and use your personal information for risk assessment and security purposes. If you are using our app, it will send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the app for future releases.
- Data analysis: We may use your personal information for analysis so that we can get to know your location, your preferences, and demographic information, or match it with the data obtained from other sources (including third parties), to develop our products and services or marketing plans, and to improve our services.
- Daily operations: Including but not limited to booking management, customer verification, technical support, network maintenance, troubleshooting, internal administrative affairs, internal policies and procedures, and producing internal reports.
We monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law.
Your phone conversations with our customer service staff, both answering our calls and calling us, may also be recorded. We may rely on these recordings to monitor the quality of our customer service, check the accuracy of the information you provide to prevent fraud, or serve the purpose of internal staff training.
We monitor your use of our website or app, to help us refine and improve the way our website or app works.
- Reviews and feedbacks:
We display guest reviews on the related accommodation information page on our websites, on our mobile apps, on our social media accounts and social media apps, or on the website of the related accommodation or business partner’s website. This is to inform other travelers about the quality of the travel product you used, the destination you chose, or the other services you have used.
We will also aggregate your guest review data with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your reviews or in other destination-related information you share with us in an anonymous form, unless you have included this information in your public profile. This is to help travelers like you find the right destination and the best accommodation to suit them.
- Investigations and complaints management: We use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about our website, or our products and services. We also use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including the disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- Purposes which are required by law: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, regulatory investigations and compliance, respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation, or to enforce the Terms and Conditions in connection with any Services provided by Trip.com as reasonably expected.
How Does Tripplug.com Share My Information?
We may share your booking information, account information, device information, and location information with affiliate companies within our corporate family and third parties, such as the partners detailed below, to ensure the successful provision of services to you. Our partners include the following types:
- Providers: including but not limited to hotels, airport transfers, airport lounge. These providers may contact you as needed to provide you with travel products or services. These providers are not controlled by Trip.com and personal information disclosed to them is subject to the applicable provider's privacy statement and security practices. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel provider whose products you purchase through Tripplug.com.
- Third party vendors: We may work with third party vendors under contract to us to provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including information necessary for us to operate the features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Financial institutions and third-party payment agencies: When you place a booking, apply for a refund, or purchase insurance, we will share the related information with the relevant financial institutions or the third-party payment agencies, and as we believe is necessary for fraud detection and prevention, we will further share other necessary information (i.e. email address, phone number, and IP address) with the relevant financial institutions.
- Business partners: with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our websites or apps. You may tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional products or services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Affiliated companies within our corporate family: We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies so that we best provide you with the requested service as well as information about other travel-related products and services. All parts of our company provide similar protection measures for your personal information that are no less stringent than this Privacy Statement.
We may also share your information in the context of complying with legal obligations, to protect our or your interests in legal matters, and in the case of a merger or acquisition.
Modification of Privacy Statement
Tripplug.com will modify this Privacy Statement when necessary. Please understand that we may revise this Privacy Statement at times as we consider appropriate. We will note the date of the latest update of this Privacy Statement and the update will take effect when it is published. Without your explicit consent, Trip.com will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement. Tripplug.com will prominently post major changes made (for example, for changes concerning certain services, we will inform you via email of the specific changes in the Privacy Statement). Therefore, you should review this Privacy Statement periodically to keep up with our most current policies.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that we store on your computer when you use our website. To learn more about cookies, please go to www.aboutcookies.org.
What cookies does Tripplug.com use?
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies
- These are cookies that our website cannot operate without. They include, for e.g., cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart and pay for travel products.
- Non-essential cookies
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for e.g., your choice of language, region and currency).
- Analytical and performance cookies: These allow us to count the number of visitors to our website and to see how they move around it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for e.g., by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the internal links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the travel products we display to you more relevant to your interests.
We use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer and are activated the next time you visit our website.